Chronic lymphedema skin becomes dry and discolored. Microcracks skin spoProperty ingress of bacteria into the ideal for their breeding environment – fixed lymph. Accuracy and compliance with the rules of hygiene can reduce the risk of infection:
- Wash, dry (blotting motionniyami) swollen limbs, the area between the thumbE and the folds of skin (to prevent funguspostglacial infections);
“Lubricate the skin washed limbs softening cream – to moisturize the skin and prevent the appearance of cracks (Remember: the cracks – the entrance gate for infection!).
* Apply a cream, water-based (ointment as emulsions). It is not recommended to use creams
and lotions containing lanolin (warning contact dermatitis), perfumed creams and lotions that cause irritation;
- Wear gloves when working at home or atmanor portion;
- Use a thimble when sewing;
- Take care when trimming nails;
- to protect the skin on the affected limb from sunburn;
- Use an electric razor when shaving hair in the armpit;
- Protect the edematous arm of injection, blood sampling for analysis of pressure measurement;
- treating cuts and abrasions antiseptichemedication available in a timely manner.
If the skin on the edematous limbs reddened, appeared burning, soreness, a local increase in temperature, swelling, should like to see a doctor as soon as possible. In this case, the prescribed antibiotics, rest, elevated polovoltage for swollen limbs (pillow under the arm or leg). Unfortunately, cases of acute inflammation ^ is the inevitable consequence of chronic congestive lymphedema.