40% of cancer patients occasionally suffer from nausea, regurgitation (leaking of stomach contents into the mouth), vomiting.
nausea cause may be:
- delay the evacuation of food from the stomach, accompaniednied by heartburn, hiccups, feeling perepolnennosti;
- stomach and intestinal tumor or indirect pressure adjacent the tumor;
- medications that provoke gastrointestinal irritation (nonsteroidal protivovos-inflammatory agents, such as diclofenac, The cylinder
totoksicheskie, antibiotics – at lengthTel’nykh their use);
- fear, anxiety;
vomiting cause may be:
- increased intracranial pressure afterCorollary cerebral tumor;
- gastric compartment syndrome; stimulation of vagal pathways
nerve resulting pharyngeal irritation (kandidos, sputum);
- ileus (delayed stool, neoplasms, creating direct or indirect pressure on the intestines and cause vomiting with a small amount of fecal fluid);
- the body’s response during chemotherapy.
regurgitation reason may be:
- obstruction of the esophagus as a result of swellingWhether esophageal tumor or indirect pressure in the lungs and bronchi. The patient regurgitates enough
copious amounts of viscous substance.
First of all, it is necessary to conduct a thorough analysis of the situation, think and plan deiCorollary to eliminate symptoms.
There are a number of drugs onsignificant physician individually to facilitate the symptoms of nausea and vomiting.
But it is known and a number of non-pharmacological measures to combat nausea and vomiting.
- Create patient calm and tranquil Obstposing the, reduce the influence of factors that mayprovoke unpleasant symptoms.
- Release the patient from all household duties (cooking, cleaning premisesscheniya etc.).
- Avoid exposing a patient to him sharp and unpleasant odors (food, cosmetics, mymeans boiling).
- Assure the patient of the need to eat and drink little and often.
- Eliminate foods from the menu, the use of which increases the nausea and vomiting.
- Prevents the appearance of retching, prepare a special container for the collection of vomitingGOVERNMENTAL wt.
- Allow the patient to take antiemetic pre-Paraty prescribed by your doctor, check up the efficiency of their actions.
If vomiting in a patient who is put inSRI lying, you must:
- turn the patient’s head to one side, remove the pillow;
- enclose oilcloth and capacity for gathering vomitingGOVERNMENTAL mass;
- hold the patient’s head during vomiting;
- prepare a glass of water to rinse poloSTI mouth after emesis napkin wiping mouth;
- reassure the patient and create the maximumcomfort;
- Change soiled bedding and underwear.
If vomiting in a patient who is put inSRI sitting, you must:
- put the container for collecting vomit betweenDo aching legs;
- tie patient tissue covering the chest;
- become the left of the patient, clutching his head with his right hand back and holding his head with his left hand on the forehead;
- to give a glass of water for rinsing the mouth and vomiting after napkin;
- reassure the patient, to create him a relaxed environment.
By vomiting in patients undergoing in bessoznation status, you must:
- as far as possible, in order to avoid aspiration
(Vomitus inhalation) ofreturn the patient to one side, or turn it on its side ofcatching;
- remove the pillow;
- remove dentures (if any);
- put a rubber sheet and bring the mouth emkostdlya collecting vomit;
- to support the patient’s head during vomiting;
- carry oral care after each act of vomiting;
- wrap the index finger of the right hand of fatsfetkoy;
- hold open the mouth by means of the index finger and thumb of his left hand;
- try to remove remnants of vomit from the oral cavity;
- right index finger rinse the mouth with the help of the pear-shaped balloon with the patient lying on her side, holding races
covered the mouth;
- monitor the patient’s condition constantly;
- to inform the physician about the amount and frequency of retching patient.
For a patient experiencing nausea and vomiting, it is of great importance of oral hygiene. Ezhedwatch-today the state of the mouth, tongue, interesuytes whether the patient’s mouth discomfort. In the presence of mucosal dryness language need daily, 2 – 3 times a day, at Pomocabbage soft toothbrush and a 4-percent solution of sodium hydrogencarbonate to conduct purification language. When dry mouth is recommended drink hourthen, in small sips, 1/3 cup, sucking small pieces of ice, candy, eat a slice of fresh pineapple, which contains special enzymes that help clean the mouth. Smearing Vaseline lip weakens the feelingof dry mouth.
An important part of palliative care is to educate the patient and his family keeping a diary, where fixed the cause of the pain, nausea and vomiting, and their duration. This blog will help to plan for medicalpower, to make recommendations.
To reduce symptoms of nausea, vomiting, when decreased appetite, you must go to the health food for preventing constipation. Meals patients in the later stages of Cancerbolevaniya has a number of features. there CNIvoltage patient’s need for food, water. In some cases, food intake is poorly tolerated, PAcient is suffering from lack of appetite (anorexia). Persistent nausea and vomiting, forcing the patient to abandon the eating and drinking. If WHONicla problem of choosing between water and food beforedeference is given to fluid intake. It is necessary to pvkovodstvovatsya the following principles:
- not force the patient to take by force
- feed only when the patient who searchesVaeth hunger, give food in small portions;
- offering the patient his favorite dishes;
- eliminate painful force-feedingof provoking strengthening of nausea, vomiting and pain.
The patient can change the taste sensingNia. Familiar foods can seem gorKimi, sour, sweet. In this case, you need to give up eating meat, acidic juices, tomatoes, coffee, tea, chocolate. including The recommendedchit eating poultry, fish, dairy produkyou eggs. If the food is the patient seems too sweet, cloying in the diet include acidic juices. When you prepare food using lemonny juice, vinegar, spices, mint, marinated or pickled vegetables. If the food does not seem sickdelicious, as a snack (in the absence protivopokazany) can advise salted and pickled vegetables, salted fish, herring.
Feeding critically ill patients
- Help the patient to take Half-upright, comfortable position in bed, placing additionalhydrochloric pillow. Wash the hands. prepare a cover upcotton nightstand. Give the patient time for preparaPreparations for eating.
- Neck and chest of the patient to cover salfetkoy.Blyuda with hot food should be checked capIBA currently on the wrist a few drops.
- Feeding the seriously ill, often stradayuscheof lack of appetite, it is not easy. Wanted in onDaubney cases skill and patience.
- For liquid meal are special feeding cup (you can use a small amount of the teapot).
- Semi-solid food given to a patient with a spoon.
- Since the patient is necessary before the feeding ofjudge, in what order it will be atNima food. Ask the patient not to talkduring the meal, as when talking food
can get into the respiratory tract.
- We should not insist that the patient has eaten the entire volume of vegan food. After a short break, heating the food to continue feeding.
Feeding critically ill patients with a spoon and with the help of a feeder cup.
- Caution patient within 15 minutes of priemepischi, to obtain his consent.
- Ventilate the area. prepare a cover upcotton table.
- Raise the head end of the bed (to put under his head and back an extra pillow)
- Help the patient to wash his hands.
- Cover the patient’s breast tissue.
- Wash the hands. Bring the food to a patient (especiallyperature hot dishes – 50 ° C).
- Feed slowly called each dish offered to the patient; fill spoon 2/3 soft food; spoon to touch the lower lip, the patient to open his mouth; touch lodgesCoy to the language, leaving food in the mouth; ofinvolve an empty spoon; give time to chew and
swallow food; offer a drink after a few spoonfuls of soft food; attach “butsik “feeder cup to the lower lip; pouring a drink
- Wipe (if necessary) the lips of the patient tissue.
- Offer the patient to rinse the mouth with water from the feeder cup postprandial.
- Remove food from the room after the patient’s dishes and food remnants.
- Remove extra pillow and give pacient comfortable position.
For the patient, it is desirable to allocate individual utensils that after feeding purified from food residues and washed with a degreasing agent, and then disinfect (see. The following table for disinfection).