In critically ill patients in the mucosa of the mouth, plaque appears on the teeth, which withworth of mucus thickened epithelial cells, pourgayuschihsya and decaying food debris, bacteria. This contributes to oral Sunand putrefaction-inflammatory, accompaniedyuschihsya unpleasant odor. Associated with this discomfort leads to a decrease in appetite, abilitysheniyu amount of fluid intake, deteriogeneral health sheniyu.
When the patient helplessness oral care is:
- a mouth rinse after each meal, after each bout of vomiting;
- cleaning of the teeth (dentures) in the morning and the Chamberrum;
- in cleansing between the teeth 1 time
day (preferably in the evening).
Dentifrice is better to use a soft toothbrush without injuring the gums. Concluding oral care, be sure to clean the brush tongue, removing his plaque.
If the patient is unconscious consistingSRI, he is not only unable to brush your teeth, but swallow the saliva, open and close the mouth. In these patients, oral care must be implstvlyat every 2 hours during the day and at night.
Cleaning the teeth of the patient (the patient is conscious) (Figure 31.):
- prepare: rubber gloves, glass inDoi, toothpaste, soft toothbrush, petrolatum, towel, container for collection of wash water, IUshock garbage;
- explain to the patient the course of the upcoming Strainry;
- help the patient to turn the head to one side;
- Put a towel on the patient’s chest;
- wash hands, wear gloves;
- put on a towel under his chin Pacicient, container for collecting the washing water;
- ask the patient to hold the container ruCoy, dial a mouthful of water and rinse your mouth;
- moisten the toothbrush with water and apply it
- clean the upper teeth of the patient, conventionally timesDividing all the teeth on the upper and lower jaws to 4 segments (better to start brushing teeth with the upper jaw);
- place the toothbrush on the buccal surfaceSTI row of teeth, at an angle of approximately 45 °;
- «sweeps» movement downward sagti for each segment at least 10 times;
- clean the chewing surfaces of the upper
- position the brush perpendicular to the top teeth, clean them palatal surface cautiousGOVERNMENTAL, “sweeps” movements downwards (all 4 segments);
- clean similarly lower teeth (buccal muscle and chewing surface), and then – The patient’s tongue;
- help the patient to rinse the mouth with water;
• lubricate the lips with Vaseline patient;
• keep the capacity at the chin of the patient, if necessary wipe chin; • remove container, towel; • Remove the rubber gloves; •Wash the hands.